• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

At Sabal’s mention of her indeed having eyeballs, Maze easily teases her back. “And here I thought they were just for decoration.” There was something incredibly enjoyable about the odd friendship that’s started up between them - Maze is pretty sure they could lounge around trading gentle insults and snipes all day. And it would be fun the whole time. The only time she’d need a break was just to rest her eyeballs from all the rolling.

She sighs when Sabal (accurately) discovers the compliment that Maze had been thinking about the glow.

It certainly enhances how pleasing it is to get a little bit of a rise out of Sabal. To ruffle her scales a bit, even if it’s completely justifiable. At first, Mazikeen didn’t have the sense to be truly worried about the monsters herself - though the one she had met with Wishbone had been freaky and her neck still hurt from where it had bitten her. And the scars on her shoulder from the one she had met (and theoretically killed) on Gale’s island.

Now she worried about what might happen if she met one larger than those she had seen already. Worried about one slipping into Hyaline and causing havoc. Worried that her third meeting with one would not have such a happy ending.

These are not thoughts she shares with the kelpie, however. Better to let Sabal think she wasn’t concerned or afraid at all.

She doesn’t joke about them either, at first anyway. Her feline gaze steady on Sabal as she explains what she knows. “I don’t know where they came from but they must be tied to the eclipse or whatever. The ones I’ve seen don’t really have a shape or maybe they’re just all different so you don’t know what to expect.” That made them sound sufficiently spooky, she was sure.

But, naturally, she doesn’t stay serious for long and a wicked grin slowly grows on her features, orange eyes shining in the light Sabal is producing. “Hopefully none of them can swim.”

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Mazikeen - 01-29-2021, 07:31 PM