• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

s a b a l . 

“Mmmm. You’re probably right. But still,” she said, dismissively. She certainly didn’t love being summoned but she was still very much relieved that Maze was, like, alive. What strange times they were living in.  Sabal couldn’t help but inwardly smile at the fact that Maze had a proclivity for feline forms and most felines seemed to be comically averse to water. She wondered, for a fleeting moment, if she chose these shapes on purpose or if they chose her.  Sabal had been born to the sea - having a kelpie father and a nereid mother would do that to a girl.  To most it was a combination that would make perfect sense but the two sides of her fought each other more than you’d expect - which is perhaps why she was here in a crystal clear lake and not lurking in a swamp like some of her relatives. 

“The sun breaking isn’t really news, Maze. I do have eyeballs,” she says, with another impressive roll of her eyes.  It gets dark underwater during the daytime but not that dark. Not until you get really deep.  She let out a little huff before the attention shifted to a more appropriate topic.

Her.  A topic that completely distracted her from the fact that Maze had literally mentioned monsters.

“The glowing is usually just a nighttime or a diving very deep thing but now its an all the time thing. But thanks for letting me know you think it looks nice!” She said with a wicked smile and another flick of luminescent fins.

“And yes. That’s my superpower. Turning off the sun. Obviously.” She deadpanned with yet another eye roll. “If you’re nice to me maybe I’ll turn it back on.” She said, tauntingly. But it was only then that her mind finally put together the fact that Maze had mentioned monsters so the mirth drained from her pretty face as she leveled her ocean eyes her friend.

“Wait a second.  Monsters? You didn’t lead with the fact that there are monsters.” Her voice rose without her consciously realizing it - but could you blame her? 

“Please...elaborate,” she said - making it very clear that she expected answers.  Immediately.

can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes.
    manip by squirt

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Sabal - 01-29-2021, 02:35 PM