• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

Mazikeen adopts an expression of neutral indifference (even going so far as to lick her forearm and groom behind her feline ears) when Sabal breaches the surface in a rather impressive display. Especially combined with the glowing - that was a neat trick. Any sense of being impressed dies when the trout speaks. Those orange eyes roll at the first comment and then roll some more for good measure at the wink.

But there’s a smile tugging on that feline mouth all the same.

“Look, If I had turned into a sea creature and swam up to you and spooked you while you slept you’d be telling me off for that. There’s no winning with you!” Mazikeen doesn’t feel like admitting right at this moment that she has not practiced swimming very much and she’s second-guessing that great plan of asking Sabal to help teach her.

She is also second-guessing the news she carries because it feels like it’s pretty obvious at this point and Sabal probably has enough brain cells to put it all together. The secondary intention of making sure their resident mermaid was healthy had been accomplished at least.

“Did you know someone broke the sun? So you won’t be able to sun-bathe for a while, I think. Also, there’s monsters roaming about. Also, have you always glowed? Or is that new.” And then her smile grows a little more, orange eyes dancing in the gentle glow. “Did you break the sun just for aesthetics?”

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Mazikeen - 01-11-2021, 09:53 AM