• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

Even though everything looks the same now, more or less, the mountains of Hyaline have become familiar to Mazikeen. Without the dim light, without the assistance of her feline as as she moves about as a pale mountain lion, she knows that she would know this place.

Maybe one day the pack will move on, maybe they’ll roam without borders. For now, though, she doesn’t mind that this is the place they’ve settled. She inhales the scent of the lake and it causes something to click in her head. Has their resident eel even noticed that the sun has gone out? The lake water is clear enough to see through from above but how easy is it to see through from below?

She pads down to the shore and into the shallows - wincing just a little at the cool temperature but it’s not enough to bother her (yet). “Sabal!” Mazikeen-the-lion splashes around in the water, making as big of a commotion as she can. “Have I ever got some news for you!” Well, how else is she going to get the fish’s attention? Aquatic forms are still one of the ones she hasn’t explored much and she had meant to explore the lake with Sabal - but then the alliance and the sun’s doing this thing and there’s monsters around. Who’s got the time for casual sightseeing?

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Mazikeen - 01-07-2021, 03:41 PM