• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I met the devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten

It is not often that an emotion is strong enough to pierce this pair. They’ve known nothing but hunger and anger for so long, everything else has become dull echoes.

But now, surprise causes the smaller one to falter. It’s eyes widen almost imperceptably at the sight of another queen joining them, another one of them. The scent of this newcomer is completely unknown to them. This isn’t one of the master’s hive but it must be family? Thoughts come just as difficult to these two as emotions, though, and it is not possible for either of them to attempt to riddle out what the presence of this one means.

In another second, it does not matter. They recognize enough to see this addition as an ally against their current foe and a small thrum of excitement pulses through them as they all surge together.

The falter enables the oil-slick creature an opportunity to strike, slipping past the newcomer and its long claws hook into the smaller one’s neck armour. It tears through it, not quite as easily as skin but too easily all the same, and a spray of acidic blood arcs into the air. Some of it lands on the creature, which hisses and recoils.

The horned-one surges forward to bite it, to spear it with its horns, and it curls a long forelimb around this one’s neck and squeezes while leaving the other free to strike at either the bleeding one or the younger queen. Its white eyes flicker between the trio and its not-quite-skin seems to boil at its frustration.

Or is that fear?

RIPLEY AND NOSTROMO

twenty-eight eaten to date

@[The Monsters] hello it's me again: do your thing with Nostromo's xenomorph trait, please! <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I met the devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten - by Ripley - 01-07-2021, 10:43 AM