• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I met the devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten
    She is called from the shadows when the darkness overcomes their world. Predators are more willing to hunt under the cover of night — this is something of a fact in any world — and it might be one reason why their Prey feels tense and flighty beneath the eclipse. Nexu is thankful she isn’t Prey beneath this moonless sky and her steps are no less silent or confident as she moves through the black Forest.

A piece of her itches to hunt the monsters that have crawled from an unseen hole. Like her grandmother and aunt, she is aware that they are Other (coming from someplace beyond their known world) and it makes her teeth yearn to shred them and see how their unfamiliar, slippery meat tastes. She has not given chase yet in this unbound night. She has waltzed among their shadows; a pointed, tall swathe of starless midnight that moves as silent as a hare.

And when she hears the fight, she pauses.

It doesn’t take Nexu long to reach them, but she waits in the undergrowth to watch for a moment. Her dark eyes are drawn to the two Predators. They are different from Family, the larger one with a crown upon her head that labels her Queen. They smell like dust and blood and excitement and she drinks in the smells with quivering nostrils. The Other is strange and twisting, unlike anything she has seen before, and her acidic blood stirs with interest.

Help.

So she springs into their midst, angling her head low and tipping her chin toward her muscled, armored chest so her prongs might damage the oil-slicked Other.
    credit to fangs of bearbones.

@[Ripley and Nostromo]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I met the devil when I was a child, and I've never forgotten - by Nexu - 01-06-2021, 12:12 PM