• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; aquaria
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    “That must be quite a legacy.” Tiercel understands what it feels like to follow in such big footsteps. How often had he felt pressure from his parents and older siblings? Whether it was said out loud or not, he had felt the urgency to help carry their family name into history, to scrape their name into Beqanna’s foundation so it could be seen for generations to come. He can picture it in his mind: Lepis and Wolfbane had several children to continue their strong roles as leaders, with each child becoming as prominent in Beqanna’s political structures as their parents.

He had removed himself from that family name, though the memories of the past do not scatter as easily as the potential for the future. Although he knows that Gale’s death hadn’t been real, Tiercel had still carried his guilt with him until more recently. Yet that guilt had not stopped him from buoying upward, from feeling the sweet freedom that comes with erasing your name from the list of potential leaders, from understanding that what lies in your future is something you will achieve with your own willpower.

Though Tiercel sees leadership differently, he respects the way Aquaria sees it. It sounds like a burden to him — as if her birth, her existence, has bound her to the islands. The way she describes her heritage makes it sound like she was always prepared to lead; it seems like her life had always had this one purpose. His cerulean eyes are dark with thoughtfulness when he asks, “Do you like leading Ischia?”
    tiercel.

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; aquaria - by Tiercel - 02-20-2021, 09:21 AM