• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Come and light my eyes // Any
    The staff in my breast throbs for a moment, aching and irritated. I can almost forget it's presence these days, or at the very least ignore it. Easy to ignore what's always there. 

What is new, that catches my attention, and I turn my blinded eyes to follow the sound of another. This damned darkness is thick, and it covers all. An eclipse, they call it, but what eclipse lasts for days on end? I grimace at the sky. "Oh, very clever," I snap in the voice's direction. "Tell me another one." As far as irritating voices in the dark go, this one is mild, but I have known them to change in an instant, to go from coy to bloodthirsty on the turn of a heel. 

My wings rustle in the dark, flickers of lightning revealed when they shift. Memoirs of my first death. Insufficient lighting now. "Give me your name." I command, my voice soft but unyielding. One pace, two, and I am nearer now to the one who's softly breathing in the dark. 

My other senses pry for more detail. Hints of description denied to my eyes. Masculine was the voice, brief as it was. The scent of forest mulch permeates everything here, and it is only the faintest hints of anything else I receive. 

@[Juice]

Messages In This Thread
    Come and light my eyes // Any - by Sabra - 01-04-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: Come and light my eyes // Any - by Juice - 01-08-2021, 08:30 AM
    RE: Come and light my eyes // Any - by Sabra - 01-08-2021, 08:31 PM