• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not your baby
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

My throat is hot and tight as I pick up the first strains of thought. Images and words that intensify as the thinker comes close, and even in this darkness I could not mistake her for anyone or anything but herself. "Ciri-" I croak, longing and something heavier mingling in that single word. 

The light that has always crowned her is all the brighter in this darkness, a beacon that guides my feet until we're stumbling, crashing into each other. My face is wet, and I don't know if I'm crying, or she is, or we both are. I'm shaking with relief. I'm not alone. I'm not alone. But I was. 

My needy touch pulls away, sudden yawning space between us. For a moment, our wild breaths are the only sound, aside from a distant rushing that I think must be the sea. Her mind is racing, so is mine, and I'm trying to organize my thoughts to the point where I can speak again. I am crying, I realize, and the tears blur my sight until Cirilla is a gleaming gold and blue smudge across my vision. The only light I've seen in ages. "You left me," I say, and I can't take the accusation from the words. 

I'm shaking still, and I dearly want to press myself against her again, to feed my touch starved body on her soft skin and quiet, urgent mouth. But I can't. Not yet. Not until I can understand why I've been abandoned again and again. Especially by the one I thought never would.

TARTE

@[cirilla]

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby - by Tarte - 01-03-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: Not your baby - by cirilla - 01-30-2021, 10:25 PM
    RE: Not your baby - by Tarte - 02-08-2021, 05:51 PM
    RE: Not your baby - by cirilla - 02-17-2021, 12:14 AM
    RE: Not your baby - by Tarte - 03-08-2021, 09:45 PM