• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My love has never lived indoors

ghost of the mist, keep your ancient tryst 
    back to the lone lane of the sea, slip silently

The icy feeling of regret falls like a sheet of weightless silk, draping everything in her quietly; like ghostly furniture that’s left to sit in an abandoned castle. She swallows hard and the lump moves down her suddenly dry throat like a stone. Why had she acted so impulsively? she chides herself, grimacing in the dark. She can smell the beads of fresh blood, the baby’s blood, but she can still hear its quickened breathing – so it’s not dead quite yet.

No.

The booming voice sends chills through her. Yikes. her expression contorts to match the sentiment and she steps back a little. The slight retreat is instinct trying to drag her away, her self-preservation begging her to listen. Sounds of the child’s struggle make Kota want to lunge forward and push him off. The normally flighty little ghost is pulled to stay and the desire to save a random child is stronger than her will to stay alive and well. Her abdomen turns and she remembers what she’s got inside of her. Her own baby… she steps tentatively back again, turning broadside so she can leap away and skitter off into the darkness like a deer. The beaked stallion barks at her again, but she doesn’t move. When he snaps his beak her heart nearly bursts in her chest, everything in her electrified to flee, but she steps out of his path appearing to have all the calmness of a spirit Queen. She stays facing him as the sound of his footfall, his smell, and the tightness he befalls on the atmosphere walk on by. Her body releases an exhale she didn’t know she was holding and she moves to sniff the foal he walks away from. It very well could be a trap and she doesn’t hesitate to try.

She freezes at the sounds of slithering over rock, and big huffing breaths. A putrid smell rolls in, enveloping the normally fresh and warm smell of trees and red-rock. Kota cannot see anything, but she can hear, and the sound of gnashing jaws rattles her senses. It all happens so fast, “NO!” she lets out a futile scream, panic overtaking her. She’s not sure where the beaked predator went – but this was much worse, and she finds herself hoping he would turn around. There seems little hope for that, really.

Adrenaline pushes her to erase all urges to run for safety, and lets loose her fight response. Kota is well muscled, stocky and confident with her own body as a weapon. Against a monster from the underworld those things seem like fighting a bear with a blunt stick, but it’s worth a try, she supposes. She jumps in front of the filly, her cries of pain only egging on the maternal impulse to protect. Kota’s front hooves slash in front of her with purpose, aiming for what she hopes is the beast’s nose/top jaw – smashing it may prevent it from snapping down on them. Without knowing what they’re against, it proves difficult to try and fight. She’s not sure if she is making much headway, but her front legs and feet come away with long lacerations and shards of jagged glass protruding from her bones. Her bleeding limbs glow a bright yellow light, a tingling bell-like sound ringing loud and then echoing away. “We have to run little one – I’m so sorry…” she nudges the child’s cold, battered little body, and with the contact she hopes there’s enough energy in her to heal, and that the baby’s body will receive it. The mare nudges her in the direction of where she guesses her beaked ‘guardian’ may have gone. She tries to keep the thing at bay by kicking, but it ends with predictable results. If one could see, there would be blood everywhere, a trail following the mare and then fading as she heals herself. She does her best to see to the little one’s wounds, push her along and keep her from the jaws of the monster…

If only she had just kept walking.

@[Chimera]

i'm sorry if i rambled! things got/are getting intense and it got away from me a little XD
    so Kota is a healer BUT if you for whatever reason don't want Chimera healed right off the bat, or at all, i left it open ended.

Messages In This Thread
    My love has never lived indoors - by Dreamscar - 01-02-2021, 08:04 PM
    RE: My love has never lived indoors - by kota - 01-04-2021, 09:10 AM
    RE: My love has never lived indoors - by Chimera - 01-10-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: My love has never lived indoors - by kota - 01-18-2021, 07:40 AM