• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My love has never lived indoors
    The dark mare disappears, but someone else fills her her world in an instant, black beak gleaming dully in the bleak light of the eclipse, flat, yellow eyes holding her own silver gaze. The child barely hears the strange croaking word that breaks from his throat, there is only the flush of pain as his claws pierce her skin and the strange devotion that floods over her like the warm southern sea, and she is lost, drowning in it.

It's not so bad, if it's the only thing you've ever known.

Another voice breaks over them, glass shattering, and the stallion that holds her rapt growls softly in the back of his throat. He looks away and the dark world turns cold, too. She tries to stand, to protest his leaving her bereft, but the grip on his talons hardens and pulls her forward as he turns to the patchwork mare, smashing her back into the earth so hard that for a moment the world turns bright white and the only sound is the crunch of sand and her own high-pitch whine.

Dreamscar fixes those predatory eyes on the intruder, a low clicking rattling out into the space left between the adults.

"No."

He is not killing her, though the flat tone of his voice and the way he shifts his weight over the delicate frame of his newborn sister like an eagle spreading its wings to cover its kill is not especially convincing.

"Go'ay. Now."

The child squeals, kicking out wildly with her legs when the pressure of his weight on top of her is almost too much, but he's leaning forward toward the intruder, tail lashing, flicking blood against the dark canyon walls and he doesn't seem - or does not bother - to notice, her distress. That sharp beak snaps its final warning in the air and he steps off of her at last, leaving her to cough the red dust back out of her lungs.  The ragged-skinned stallion approaches the mare and the girl finally struggles to her feet, a strange feeling in her breast tugging her after him like a hook embedded in her heart. She tumbles recklessly after him but stumbles over a strange bit of darkness that hisses and jitters at her. It flashes teeth black and sharp as obsidian and she pauses, but Dreamscar is getting further away now and she's desperate to reach his side again. She rushes forward.

Too slow.

The Beast is on her in a second, teeth slashing her flank. The filly lands a kick but her leg only seems to disappear deep inside it and pulling the hoof free again lights her whole leg on fire, as if its entire being is filled with shards of broken glass.

"Unh! No, ow-ow-ow"
    Chimera
    @[kota]
    @[The Monsters] have at her Telekinesis

Messages In This Thread
    My love has never lived indoors - by Dreamscar - 01-02-2021, 08:04 PM
    RE: My love has never lived indoors - by kota - 01-04-2021, 09:10 AM
    RE: My love has never lived indoors - by Chimera - 01-10-2021, 03:31 PM
    RE: My love has never lived indoors - by kota - 01-18-2021, 07:40 AM