• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  came in like a vision, balto
    Jamie
    He understands now that they can all die.
    Even Jamie, who had been reborn from death once.

Even Balto, who thinks he is immune. And perhaps he is, but Jamie still believes that he can help. Despite the changes in his friend, the darkening of his flesh, Jamie believes he holds the key.

He belongs to Death and Death belongs to him.

He had felt the way that Balto had shied away from his touch but it had not been enough to convince him to withdraw it. No, he goes on touching him. He touches him and gently - so gently - pulls at his life force, lets it slide down his own throat where it pools heavy in the pit of his gut.

Come with me,” he murmurs and releases his hold on the blue-black stallion’s soul, “come with me to Pangea and I will end your suffering.” He sinks closer still until they are shoulder to shoulder and he can lay his strange head along the sharp ladder of Balto’s spine. He exhales a long, rasping sigh, ravaged by the heat of Balto’s skin.

I will take care of you if you’ll let me,” he promises. He owes his friend that much, he thinks. He may not be able to kill him in any way that makes a difference, but he believes he can at least ease his misery.

The fog curls its way up the length of Balto’s neck where it gingerly caresses his throat, the same way it had so long ago. This, too, is a vow. He will keep his word this time, though he knows that Balto has no reason to trust him. He had not kept his promise the last time and how it had destroyed him to have to break his promise! How he had mourned their lost opportunity! But he is not the same creature he’d been then. And neither is Balto.

They are different.
    And he knows that this time things will be different.

( FROM THE DESTRUCTION, OUT OF THE FLAME
    YOU NEED A VILLAIN, GIVE ME A NAME )

@[Balto]

Messages In This Thread
    came in like a vision, balto - by jamie - 01-02-2021, 07:00 PM
    RE: came in like a vision, balto - by Balto - 01-03-2021, 09:46 PM
    RE: came in like a vision, balto - by jamie - 01-10-2021, 05:29 PM
    RE: came in like a vision, balto - by Balto - 01-16-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: came in like a vision, balto - by jamie - 01-31-2021, 03:16 PM
    RE: came in like a vision, balto - by Balto - 05-16-2021, 11:42 AM
    RE: came in like a vision, balto - by jamie - 05-18-2021, 02:54 PM
    RE: came in like a vision, balto - by Balto - 05-22-2021, 11:35 AM