• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  tip of your tongue, top of my lungs, tiercel
    chasmata
    It had occurred to her as some abstract thought that she should not have been out here by herself. There were dangers lurking in the darkness that she could not have begun to imagine and it didn’t matter that she had traveled to the base of the Mountain and encountered a creature that she did not understand once. It didn’t matter that she had been given a ‘gift’ that she didn’t want because she had misinterpreted a question. The wind had proven that there were much greater things to be afraid of, much bigger things that she did not understand.

She could go home to the Cove, but it does not seem wise to make the journey alone. She studies him through the darkness a long moment, considering. There had been a split second when she had thought that he was responsible for the wind and fear had twisted wicked in the pit of her gut and she had thought to run. But he seems as genuinely perturbed by it as she is and there is nothing blatantly sinister in his offer of companionship.

After a long moment, she nods, swallowing thickly. Safety in numbers. She’s never been to Loess. She does not know anything about their relationship with the Cove or its mother kingdom, but she supposes there is no reason for her to share this information.

Okay,” she says and nods again, “that sounds like a good idea.” Would it be unwise to admit that she’s afraid? She had tried to ease the tension by saying that she had been on the verge of taking herself into fear when he’d turned up, but the wind had nudged her rather abruptly over the edge.

Tell me where to go and I can light the way,” she says, sounding much braver than she feels.

the moonlight, baby, shows you what’s real
    but there ain’t language for the things i feel

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tip of your tongue, top of my lungs, tiercel - by chasmata - 02-15-2021, 01:04 PM