• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  tip of your tongue, top of my lungs, tiercel
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    Tiercel is relieved to find the glowing mare unharmed in the wake of the wind. The tightness in his chest slowly loosens, though it isn’t entirely gone. A constant whisper from worry has worked its way into the back of his mind, a reminder that he should make sure Islas is safe. The sudden darkness concerns him, and the wind has strengthened the fear that seems to loom over his shoulder. The star-mare is in the back of his mind, but Tiercel is grateful that this sky-mare is safe.

Knowing that Chasmata is uninjured, the dun-and-navy glances at their surroundings again. His pale eyes stare into the darkness, hoping to pick out what had drawn the wind to them. Their world is brimming with magic, and it would make sense if the wind came from someone. They have wielders of water and earth and fire — why not someone who speaks to the air? Yet there is nothing in the shadows around them, not even a stirring in the underbrush. The emptiness leaves him feeling tingly and exposed. “I don’t know. I’ve never felt anything like that before.”

He has felt hot winds like this one before, but they had been welcome and familiar. Standing atop the red-rock canyons of Loess brings a fair share of whipping, warm breezes like this one. But that had been expected; there is almost always wind once you get high enough in altitude. Standing within the confines of a forest, no one would expect a fierce wind to blow through. And that is what makes him uneasy.

Tiercel forces his eyes to move back to Chasmata. “Yeah, I’m okay.” He can’t quite shake the displaced feeling from within (like energy that dwelled in him had been moved someplace else) or the sensation of being watched, but he can’t feel any physical injury. “Just shaken up.” He pauses a moment, ears twitching uncomfortably at the eerie silence around them now that the trees have stopped shaking. “I live in Loess. Would you want to come with me there? Safety in numbers, and all that. You don’t have to stay long, maybe just until this darkness goes away.” Tiercel is itching to return home, find Islas, to make sure she is safe in this absolute darkness, but he doesn’t feel right leaving Chasmata alone.
    tiercel.

@[chasmata]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tip of your tongue, top of my lungs, tiercel - by Tiercel - 02-09-2021, 04:49 PM