• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  tip of your tongue, top of my lungs, tiercel
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    Tiercel has picked the worst day to travel. Aside from his impromptu trip to Islandres, he has spent the fall and beginning of winter among the rocky scrubs of Loess. He hadn’t planned on staying there for such a long time; his initial visit to the kingdom had been an instinctual return to his birthplace like the salmon might return to their breeding grounds. Yet his extended stay in Loess has resulted in much to think about — perhaps most importantly the soft swelling of Islas’s sides — and he had ventured out to spend the day in thought.

The sun and moon collide in the sky above his head as he wanders along the edge of the River. With this collision, the world darkens. The day becomes night but as Tiercel turns his pale eyes toward the sky, he notices the absence of the moon or stars. There is nothing but a dark swathe of emptiness, and the shadows are so heavy he almost forgets to breathe.

His thoughts on Islas and their future child are abandoned, but Tiercel continues to walk. It is difficult to pick out the curving path of the River among the shadows — there are no stars to glitter off the soft currents — so he keeps his dark navy legs in the shallows. Though there hasn’t been recent snow in this region, the water is bitterly cold and Tiercel feels his skin first prickle and then grow numb.

Her glowing sides are faint, at first, but as he comes closer they become brighter in his eyes. She is brilliant in the heavy darkness, a beam of light that might draw moths to her flame. Tiercel’s cerulean eyes peer into the shadows around them; they are close to the Forest and he wonders if those monsters might see her light and pull themselves closer as he does. He frowns, uncomfortable with how vulnerable he feels. His skin feels thinner than it ever has as if a creature could rip it from his tendons with a simple scratch, and Tiercel wraps himself and the surrounding area in calm to dissuade his nerves and any vengeful shadows.

Satisfied (and comforted by the way his heart slows its beating from its anxious skittering), the dun-and-navy pulls himself closer to the girl’s glowing form. “It’s strange, this darkness.” His cerulean eyes find her glowing ones and there is an expression of discomfort in their pale depths. “I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m Tiercel.”
    tiercel.

@[chasmata]
    @[The Monsters] Curious to see what happens to his invisibility!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tip of your tongue, top of my lungs, tiercel - by Tiercel - 01-04-2021, 12:20 PM