• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  we could run away together // splendora

Summer is slipping into fall, and the wind is high in the lowlands. Clegane storms across the plains, the only hint of grey in a world otherwise billowing with brilliant colors. In every direction away from him, the pampas stretch, undisrupted until the vaguely suggested line of forest far to the north. The sky arches endless and blue above him, and the stallion rises onto his haunches once he reaches the top of a rolling hill, striking the air for his audience of none.

His four hooves land firmly in the loam again, and his sides rise and fall, but energy and power still burn hot in his belly. The fall wind blusters against him and he challenges her with a blast of his own. The air around the stallion suddenly fills with wildflowers, dust, and bits of grass as he manipulates the wind. He pushes against her with a blast of his own, but autumn would defer to no one, and soon his stance breaks. He laughs in his defeat, and once again his mane is ripped back in the furious gale. But his laughter dies as he sees a little shape, helpless and feathered, and tumbling towards the earth - a sparrow, paying the price for his recklessness. Without a thought he reaches for her, stretching out a thread of wind to hold her steady and smooth her ruffled feathers.

"Oh, little sparrow," he says, low and soft and never expecting a reply. "I'm sorry. I hope I haven't hurt you." The wind carries her, guiding her hollow-boned body above his head and gently placing her in the place where is wings meet. 

"You can rest there for a while if you would like." The stallion twists his crested neck to catch a glance of her, tucking his wings at his sides and creating a hallow of down and warmth.

"I'll just graze for a while, so don't you worry. Rest and get your warmth and strength back, and then you can be on your way and go wherever sparrows go before the winter comes."

clegane

@[splendora]
    cleganetransparent

Messages In This Thread
    we could run away together // splendora - by Clegane - 12-27-2020, 04:03 PM