• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

one warm day is all I really need; Mazikeen

The pity party she’s throwing for herself eases a little as she watches how her change in mood affects Barrow - almost comically exaggerated by the form he is in, she’s sure. It’s so expressive and she hates herself for having caused his smile to slip. The appreciative smile for his sympathy and his affirmation that she is the toughest person he knows helps and she offers a smile that, for a moment, is only a ghost of how bright it is normally.

And then her mood changes. That disappointment and anger is pushed aside forcibly in favour of a sweet feeling of joy.

She doesn’t understand the surge of happiness that fills her up, making it feel like she could float clear across the lake, but she assumes it has something to do with Barrow being here - his easy friendship. Having never had anyone magically influence her emotions before, she does not suspect that it may be happening now. It just seems right that she should suddenly feel happy again.

Mazikeen laughs when an easy delight when he licks her cheek and she raises a water-laden paw to shove at him playfully when he draws back. His offer brings out another laugh and her orange eyes dance a little when she replies - imagining a pack of dogs hunting down her last opponent. “Thanks, I’ll definitely keep you posted.”

There’s a small sigh, and though it is still touched with a little of her melancholy it’s easier for her to handle now. Not so consuming. “I know I should be proud that I made it as far as I did, but it still sucks - you know?”

It’s easy to shrug off these feelings now, though, and she offers a brighter smile to Barrow. “Come on, let’s get dry. You don’t stink as bad anymore.” Her white tail wags a little behind her and she moves to the beach before shaking theatrically.

And then, because she’s eager to talk about anything else - she asks “Are you living anywhere in particular now?”

@[Barrow]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: one warm day is all I really need; Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 01-27-2021, 02:55 PM