• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, these wings, they flicker; desire
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    If she feels any regret at all, it is only when she considers what Hourglass would think if she were to find out. She assumes, of course, that she won’t. This boy had made no effort to find her earlier, and she thinks that after this encounter he will avoid her entirely. And her daughter, ever the sweet and considerate one, would continue to pine for him alone, but having already resigned herself to the idea that he wanted nothing to do with her, she did expect her to seek him out, either.

There is a moment though where she debates trying this tactic again, but reversed – going to Hourglass disguised as Aureus, using the same unforgiving tongue. But no, she does not think that will be necessary. The love (an ill-fitting word, all things considered) illusionist is confident that this will be enough and that she will not need to harm her daughter in such a manner.

She won't admit that it is because she doesn't think she could do it. Doesn't think she could face her daughter, even disguised as someone else, and purposely bring her down until she was so deflated she would never seek him out again. Thomas and their children were her biggest – and perhaps only – weakness, but that was a secret she kept close to her chest.

Instead she listens to him in silence, but as he speaks, she begins to shake her head. “No,” she nearly interrupts him, a soft finality in her voice. She tilts her head, in the way that on Desire exudes a haughty kind of confidence, but dressed up as Hourglass it displays itself as guarded but injured. “You didn't care at all.”

She takes another step back, keeping her eyes locked securely with his – wanting to make sure she leaves no room for doubt in his mind, wants to make sure the last thing he remembers is the cold way Hourglass had stared at him, and how cool her parting words had been. “I’ll do us both a favor, Aureus,” another step back, and then she is turning, and she tosses back carelessly over her shoulder, “and I will make sure that we never run into each other again.”

She does not give him a chance to respond, disappearing through the trees that flank the meadow. And only once she is out sight does she drop the illusion, letting it fade away so that even if he were to manage to catch up all he would find was a galaxy-colored mare with impossibly black eyes.

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

Messages In This Thread
    oh, these wings, they flicker; desire - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 11:06 PM
    RE: oh, these wings, they flicker; desire - by Desire - 12-24-2020, 01:49 AM