• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

well I've got thick skin and an elastic heart [Any]

The mare smiles almost immediately when Talulah points out her mistake of not waiting. She apologizes – sort of – and it’s enough to nearly negate the lady’s frustration. Nearly, but not quite. She doesn’t know what kind of ‘old habits’ would make it permissive to waltz into any kingdom, but she doesn’t ask. Clearly, the dappled woman has some dire business to attend to, and far be it for Talulah to stop her.

She should remember Tantalize and the events that led up to Lion’s unfortunate encounter with her, but she doesn’t. Perhaps it’s out of loyalty to her once-king and father figure. Perhaps she’s unable to see him in a bad light. Either way, she’d been a young girl when the incident happened. She only remembers that the palomino stallion had been forced to remain in the Jungle for a time, punishment for a crime she hadn’t understood in her naivety. It had been difficult for her, especially, because Lion was her sole source of guidance. Without him, she had been forced to grow up all too quickly. Talulah isn’t one to dwell on the negatives, however. She had done okay for herself - better than okay, really. All until she’d left her son behind, that is.

She nods when the mare gives her name. Somewhere, in some fold of her brain, it registers as familiar, but she still cannot place it. The way she’d walked into the Dale without pause makes Talulah certain she’s been here before, so she doesn’t give her customary welcome. Tantalize confirms her suspicions when she says that she’s seeking someone out. Having lived here longer than a mortal life would allow, the metal-mare likely knows (or has at least heard of) the equine in question. Apart from several years spent frozen as a statue, Talulah’s watched decades pass by in the hilly kingdom without leaving its borders. She wonders who the mare can possibly be in search of: a past lover, a child, a friend? Her curiosity is further piqued when Tantalize visibly changes, her confidence replaced by obvious discomfort.

The grey mare softens further, adopting a quiet but firm tone. “Who is it, Tantalize?” She can tell that this is more than just a visit from an old friend for the jaguar-spotted mare. She can see that there is reluctance to learn some truth, hesitation to find the answer she sought. It’s terribly interesting, but none of it shows on Talulah’s face. Only the right amount of concern and sympathy appears in her eyes. “I’ve called this place home for a very long time. I’ll help you find them.” She smiles, genuine but also so very curious.

t a l u l a h
    lady of the Dale

reference //info

ooc: ugh, this is terrible and I apologize =/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: well I've got thick skin and an elastic heart [Any] - by Talulah - 08-19-2015, 12:21 PM