• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  putting roots in my dreamland

Avelina’s eyes are dancing with so much happiness she feels like she could float when Isakov steps towards her. She tilts her head towards his touch, relishing the delight in the gentle caress. How much care he takes, the smile he gives her. It spreads warmth through her.

Worry chases it and for a heartbeat she thinks she’s done something wrong when Isakov's expression darkens. When he asks who hurt her, Avelina’s shift back into herself is instantaneous and she takes an involuntary step backwards. She cannot quite name the emotions that rise up within her - embarrassment, fear, and grief, maybe. The pain of that day, both physical and emotional, does not fit well into her life and she finds that she does not know how to handle any of it. Pretending the scars aren’t there has become a default but she won’t ignore a question asked from her dear friend.

Tears swim in those gentle green eyes and she does not have the strength to will them away. She doesn’t look at Isakov when she replies, focusing instead on the ground near her hooves. Her fireflies pause their dance and, except for the few that are with him, every one of them rests on her mane.

“His name is Skandar. I don’t know what I did wrong… he wanted to see my shifting and then…” Avelina’s breath hitches a little when she remembers how shocked and betrayed she had felt when his teeth had closed around her neck. She was always so quick to consider everyone she met her friend and to have that crumble just as quickly was not a lesson she thought she’d ever learn. “I thought he was my friend.” She adds quietly, her voice barely more than a whisper.

avelina

@[isakov]

Messages In This Thread
    putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 12-13-2020, 11:05 AM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 12-17-2020, 07:48 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 12-29-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 12-30-2020, 05:54 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 01-06-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 01-31-2021, 04:10 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 02-11-2021, 05:31 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 02-15-2021, 03:44 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 02-16-2021, 08:51 PM