• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Warden

I take a deep breath as Warden presses his lips to the side of my mouth, the kiss of a brother long beloved by my heart. I cannot decipher whether my words had any affect, positive or negative, but I know that Warden listened with his full attention. By the way he lends the full spirit of his self to the touch I know.

Though I want to push, to pry, to soothe, to fix, to find each and every wire and uncross it at the source -- but I resist. I cannot control Warden's response to my idealism. I can only hope and continue on my own path, though I hope to journey alongside him with great support and compassion nonetheless.

You make it sound so beautiful, Rhaegor. I wish I could see it for more than it is. Something clenches inside of me, the part that longs with such fervor to fix, mend, rectify; it clenches and I almost fall victim to its exhausting whims. A mirror expression befalls my face as the one which dresses Warden's, one of an internal struggle. But I manage to stay silent until Warden finishes his part.

I only hope that what I see will somehow aid me in the coming seasons and help me lead Tephra in a way that brings peace and prosperity.

You sound so much much like your father and your sister, I say, laughing with a gentle click-click-click. You have the gentle heart of a peacemaker. A caretaker. I might even go as far as saying a sanctuarian. And yet the times prevent you from realizing your dream of peace... For now. I smile a weary but perseverant smile. Stick around long enough and you will see that time come. You will make sure of it. I know you will.

And so we stand, enjoying each other's company. Whether more words come or not, I find myself contended; I may not be able to change the future, but as for right now? I can at least enjoy that.

@[Warden]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    Warden - by Rhaegor - 12-11-2020, 02:50 AM
    RE: Warden - by Warden - 12-12-2020, 04:13 PM
    RE: Warden - by Rhaegor - 12-14-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: Warden - by Warden - 12-15-2020, 09:00 PM
    RE: Warden - by Rhaegor - 12-28-2020, 10:25 PM
    RE: Warden - by Warden - 12-30-2020, 12:56 PM
    RE: Warden - by Rhaegor - 01-06-2021, 10:29 PM