• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i will sing to you as if my chest is glass; any
    There was a measure of entertainment in the interaction. Distinct from the thrill he got in pursuing prey, this felt like a similar game. One with more rules, maybe, but a familiar rhythm. At this point though, it was unclear who was leading, and who was following. A sneaking suspicion crept into the porpoise bull's mind. 

Was he not the one directing this exchange? 

The look on his face did nothing at all to erase the impression that he might very well be an idiot. His mouth curved into a chagrined grimace. "My ma did her best, but I can't say she was all that successful in smoothing the roughness off my tongue." Or any other part of him, for that matter. Waves pounding on the beach. They could change its shape, given enough time, but not it's nature. 

A gust of salty wind blew over him, beckoning him ever more towards the sea. His expression softened at the light touch. "Tell me, girlie, had things gone how you think is right; what should our meeting have looked like?" He asked, genuine curiosity blending with a lick of humour. Right, wrong, they were arbitrary terms. Each made true or false by the one examining them at the moment. 

With another yawn, his wicked grin returned, tempered with real weariness. "Perhaps," he answered briefly, legs folding beneath his heavy form a more visual reply. With an "oof" of breath, he settled into the warm sand, looking up at her expectantly. Expectant of what, who knew, but expectant nevertheless. A snort of derision sputtered from his slitted nostrils. 

"You can't prove anything," he grumbled, defiant for the sake of it. That he was denying having a brain seemed less important than the horror that would be finding they actually agreed on something. "Anyway, who's to say brutes can't have brains? That's just profiling, right there." He added, tone aimed to nettle ever so slightly. Just enough to irk her into another bit of debate. 

@[alleria] 
    @[The Monsters] gonna be a sadist here. Please mess with both his nereid shifting and orca mimicry!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will sing to you as if my chest is glass; any - by Cormorant - 04-02-2021, 05:18 PM