• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i will sing to you as if my chest is glass; any
    She is much more comfortable with giving than she is with receiving, and when his lips settle in the hollow beneath her ear, it takes a concerted effort not to tense up. He breathes in the salt on her skin, the sunshine in the strands of mane that hang there, and she merely waits until he is finished, keeping those large blue eyes deliberately soft and placid. 

His voice is musical at first, and the melody of it lulls her into ignoring the sharper edge of the blade glinting beneath his seemingly innocent question. She waits to hear him finish, and perhaps she waits too long, lulled too far, because there is a sudden shift when he pauses and shows her teeth that could belong only to something made to tear flesh. She might’ve ignored the implied threat had he not reached for her, but the moment his mouth begins to close over her mane she strikes out with a foreleg and pulls out of his reach.

“Try that again and you’ll be the first to know.” Her voice is as sharp as the suddenly glacial blue of those impossibly bright eyes. She never looks away from him, though her feet carry her a few steps further away from where she had stood a moment ago, now carefully out of his reach. She is furious, but she is still unafraid - she knows he must be easy to evade on land built as he is for the sea. But she is built for both.

alleria

pull me back to shore, i'll never reach my place

@[Cormorant]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will sing to you as if my chest is glass; any - by alleria - 01-12-2021, 07:30 PM