• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; islas
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    Tiercel has also thought about what will happen when she leaves. Her simplicity is a balm to the chapped edges that sting from the force of his grief and insecurity. He pours into her — splashing her darkness with the hundreds of colors that dwell in him — and yet she pours into him — a soothing presence for his aches — and they become a mutualistic relationship. Like the birds and the beasts, they are two different species that are drawn closer together because of their gifts. They are unique in their own ways but their differences create a bubble where the world becomes easier, if only for the few hours they have together.

And as Islas winds closer to him, he settles deeper into their embrace. He hopes the way her touch feels against him will banish the thoughts of their imminent separation. The feverish way she clings to his magic is like a gentle tug at Tiercel’s heart, pulling him closer to her in a way he could never describe. As she drinks in that endless torrent of emotion, he notices the smallest spark from within her own chest. He doesn’t magnify it or touch it, merely observing the way her resentment quietly, softly glows against the immense darkness.

He hadn’t expected her to understand why or how he has come to feel this way about her (it is confusing enough to untangle the complexities of the emotions that bring them closer together). If Tiercel is honest with himself, even he doesn’t understand it. His ability to wield emotions and the ways he submits to their control do not grant him the knowledge (at least at this point in his life) of their mysterious ways. He is merely their vessel, a tool to carry their power far and infect even the most simple of beings.

So — as confused and mystified as she is — Tiercel does not answer her question. His nerves shiver in response to her touch, sending a twitch across the muscles that lie beneath her teeth. A trail of fire burns against his shoulder in the wake of her mouth and he is so lost in her that he almost misses her pleading. “Islas.” The steady ache between them has developed into something more, something fierce and unpredictable and consuming. Tiercel feels out of control; whether he wants to or not, he isn’t entirely sure he could pull his projections away from her now.

His dark lips trace the curve of her neck, and he pauses when his mouth reaches the bend of her back. “Stay with me, Islas.” And while the sun shines down on them, they burn together so brilliantly even the midnight stars might be able to see them.
    tiercel.

@[Islas]

Messages In This Thread
    i will not speak of your sin; islas - by Tiercel - 12-07-2020, 07:08 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; islas - by Tiercel - 01-02-2021, 04:35 PM