• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i break chains all by myself; narcisus
    There will be plenty of time in the coming years for me to hone my skills. Maybe I’m still a bit small, maybe I don’t have the presence of an adult stallion, perhaps my vocabulary is lacking and my insults are weak, but someday I will be threatening. Someday, my smile will be perfectly cold and calculating, and one look from my strange eyes will stop another horse dead in their tracks. I want that for myself. Lestrade was only a stepping stone.

He tells me what I’ve already come to know, anyways, further proving his uselessness. What good was common courtesy in our world when it was filled to the brim with power-hungry freaks? The kind and gentle-types were out of their league here, and history proved them to be the losers every single time they clashed with darker forces. I personally see no need for light hope in an already dark and demented world. I see no point in playing nice when being cruel and wicked will get you so much farther in life.

Lestrade - that’s his name, this weird and hideous horse - Lestrade and I are toe to toe on the issue. He clearly sees what I am, what I’m capable of, and when I’ve stepped forward to see if I can push him towards either the light or the dark, he holds his ground and stares back down at me with a warning glace. I stop; not because I’m afraid (I’m not afraid of anyone), but because I’ve got the answer I was looking for anyways.

He may look like a pussy, but he wasn’t one.

Good for him.

“Hpmh.” I shrug, causing my wings to bob. “At least your name isn’t a total trainwreck.” Is the nicest thing I can think to say. “What’re you doing out here anyways? Why don’t you bugger off home or something? Stop inviting undesirables into your life?” I ask him, cocking a heel and settling in for a short conversation.

Narcisus

@[lestrade]
    [Image: decgetu-410f2b50-f05d-4438-bd4c-5d54e999...4Ft1YXr36M]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i break chains all by myself; narcisus - by Narcisus - 01-10-2021, 05:25 PM