• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i break chains all by myself; narcisus
    I'm telling these tears, "Go and fall away, fall away."
    May the last one burn into flames.

This land had changed greatly in his absence – yet it still retained remnants of the Beqanna of old.

As an adolescent, he had abandoned this land that had held nothing for him but bitter memories. Until now, Lestrade had never looked back. He had certainly grown from a gangly teenager to a tall, leanly muscled adult in that time. But a once petulant boy had matured into a jaded adult and Lestrade still walked about life as if a heaviness weighed upon him. He hadn’t really learned how to cope with his losses, and so, his trust in others around him had quickly became stunted early in his life.

The mint and violet stallion surveyed the river with a great reluctance. He still didn’t quite understand the recent nostalgia that had relentless settled within his heart – the only reason he had returned back to this place. Perhaps it was the unanswered questions that still lingered in the back of his mind, or maybe it was that the nomadic lifestyle had grown stale for Lestrade. He had no roots to keep him in one place, no blood to chain him down with familial responsibilities.

He was all alone in this world – a self-imposed isolation kept him from forming bonds with others. Why bother placing expectations on someone when they will eventually leave you behind? His mother had disappeared behind a magical wall of fire and was never to be seen by a few days old Lestrade again. His self-appointed guardian had remained distant but had made sure to place him somewhere safe during the war. But Lupei had up and gotten himself killed, selfishly leaving Lestrade behind and ignorant until he heard the startling news from a random passerby. That’s when the boy-almost-man made the decision to leave this cursed place behind him.
    And yet here he stands once more.

His quiet reverie is broken by an overly enthusiastic greeting directed towards him. He swings his head towards the voice to spot a pair of mares eyeing him with undisguised interest. Was it really so difficult to ask others to ignore his garish coloring because the next thing he knew, she followed up with a horrific pickup line “What’s your name? I think we were mint to be!” His violet eyes narrow in disgust and he snarls an eloquent “Fuck off!” to the startled pair before he angrily slinks off away from the river bank and towards the lush meadows.

It was becoming a little too crowded for his taste.

His intended destination was the large oak that resided close to the river. Perhaps he could find some relief from the citizens there while the others relished the sunshine and cooling effects of the swollen waters behind him. All he wanted was to sulk in peace and then figure out his next move. Was it time he willing joined society once again or did he continue living this stagnant lifestyle he had created for himself?

Lestrade was sure he would have to ponder this question a long while yet.

Lestrade
    mint & violet son of lupei and azlyn.

@[Calcifer] <33

Messages In This Thread
    i break chains all by myself; narcisus - by lestrade - 12-05-2020, 09:12 PM