• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

As @[Amarine]’s two little ones come forward, Memorie shifts her attention to them, and her curiosity becomes evident in the way her ears prick forward and her head tilts slightly. She gives me a searching look, and I smile back at her with a slight nod before I look back to Amarine and her children. I could see the resemblances between Yanhua and them, though not as pronounced as those between him and Memorie. The colt shared more of his features than the filly, but they both shared similar structures to his.

Amarine introduces them as Cheri and Reynard, and when she does so, Memorie responds with a little jittery dancing by my side, matching the Reynard’s excited little display with one of her own. I, too, watch the children, and despite the tense aura surrounding the situation, I produce a warm smile. It’s hard not to smile for the children, especially since Memorie was the most precious thing to me.

Memorie grins at her half siblings, a glint of mischief in her eyes. I can see what is about to happen before it happens, and then she leaps forward, bouncing her nose off the colt’s chest and shouts, “you’re it!” She bounds off in excitement, glancing back over her shoulder at the twins. Something inside me wonders if she can also sense that Amarine and I have things to discuss that would be much easier without them having to be forced into the middle of it.

I, too, return my attention to Amarine as she expresses how weird this situation is. Her soft chuckle produces a similar reaction in me. I guess you could say that. When she mentions that we were both thrown into this situation without all of the information, it brings a slight relief. So she hadn’t really known about me, either. I could forgive her for loving the same stallion as me, if that was the case. It made things easier from my end, that’s for sure. “There’s no need for you to apologize. You aren’t the guilty party here.” I give her what I hoped to be a humored smile, but it’s hard because of all the emotions welling up within me. But if she can keep a level head about this, I am determined to do so as well. And she was right, this doesn’t have to be all bad.

When Amarine meets my eyes, I shift uncomfortably. It is not her pupiless gaze that unnerves me, but the strong emotions that come with the whole situation at hand. Still, I maintain eye contact for as long as she does, then I allow her to lay out the options.

I’m not going to lie, the first option sounds appealing, but is that really what I want in the end? The second option I had already tried, and look how that worked out. I had come back out of loneliness (and also the duty as a mother to allow Memorie to have a father in her life). I am pretty sure I know what the next option would be, and her momentary pause gives me time to think about it. Still, after she says it, I chew on her words for a moment. I know that the third option is what I truly want in my heart, but it is certainly not the easiest option. Yet here she stood, extending her olive branch, and how could I refuse? “Well, seeing as I would rather not remain unhappy for the rest of my life, and I’ve already tried to leave and forget any of this ever happened, I guess that leaves us at option three. I would like to see Memorie have that family that I never had.”

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline - by Borderline - 12-08-2020, 09:27 PM