• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua]

And when all the lights are broken, You keep the fire going

Bless the winds and the highest treetops: his daughter was gifted. She said as much herself, but the joy it aroused inside Yan’s chest was equal to the despair he felt in a breath or two of concerned worry. Their abilities were not like the abilities of other horses, those who could tear and eat flesh or change their shape. Father and daughter weren’t worldly - but otherworldly, having tapped into a side of magic that never seemed clear-cut or equal in its dispensation. Again, Yanhua sighed: hearing that @[Memorie] could read her mother’s sadder thoughts as emotional echoes was a painful realization he’d been dreading, but it was an inescapable one now. He had a duty to her and Reynard that they should grow up well-aware of what they could handle, and what they ought not to touch with their mind’s power.

Most importantly - and he feels it now, with Memorie doing her best to shield what she was feeling from her father - Yanhua had an obligation to encourage his daughter and son to be open with him, to be open with their feelings. These were things that could not be stemmed by any means, physical or otherwise. Eventually, they came rushing through despite how high a horse built their walls. He looked aside, down where Memorie pranced by his longer legs, and smiled knowingly but chose to remain quiet.

“It means that you have a power inside of you, Memorie. The power to help or to hurt, because you see past the veil of what your eyes tell you. You and I, and your half-brother Reynard, and even others like us but not related to us… we all ‘see’ the secret things that horses hold inside their hearts and minds.” He did his best to explain. There was more, of course. There was always more. But for now this would be a beginning to a wider expansion of knowledge for his and Borderline’s beautiful girl.

“They don’t always have to be painful or sad, though. With a little practice, I can teach you to distinguish the good from the bad. I could even teach you to stop seeing memories for a while, and trust me: that comes in handy sometimes.” Her father laughed, deep-throated. “Would you like that?” He asked her.

And when all the nights feel like they're closing, You're leaving an opening

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua] - by Yanhua - 12-19-2020, 06:17 PM