• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua]

And when all the lights are broken, You keep the fire going

Once upon a time, Yanhua had been in Memorie’s hooves. The world had been too big and too lonesome, and Lilliana had gone away. His own father had only ever come around when it suited his needs, and the wake of memories Wolfbane he left behind often made Yanhua sick, even as a colt. In the absence, something must’ve taken root in Yanhua. He has to believe in that, else why would he have grown so tall? Why would the ghosts, the memories of horses long gone, be remembered by him and not forgotten? After realizing that he was just a pinecone yet to sprout, the world hadn’t seemed so big and scary, and soon enough Yanhua was left looking down instead of always gazing up.

He thinks this is what his daughter needs: a reminder that Taiga won’t always be so big, that her mother might not always be so sad, and of course the idea that Yanhua wasn’t nearly as threatening as he seemed on first appearances.

“You did?!” He laughs, booming. The air around his skin vibrates with invisible life, making it seem as if he’s laughing to the sound of falling raindrops when there are none. Yan had a way of laughing with his entire body, throwing his horns back and opening his mouth to shake the pale tassels under his chin.

“Well, here I am little one.” He looked down at @[Memorie] again, drifting closer with the steady grace of a lumbering elk. His hide was burnished copper, gleaming with health and immortal vigor, and the roll of lean muscle underneath the pretty skin belied a stallion whose athleticism could carry him far and wide on four legs. Yan had never been curious enough to wonder what he might’ve looked like through another’s memories, but in this instant he finds his curiosity overcome by the way Memorie trembles beneath his loving gaze, so he catches an echo of himself in her recollection by opening up his powers to her strong emotions.

“There’s no need to be afraid. I’m happy to see you.” Yanhua encouraged her, lowering his whiskered nose so that Memorie could sniff at it if she liked. “Would you like me to show you the way back?” He asked. “Then you won’t feel so lost, and we can talk about anything you’ve got on your mind.”

And when all the nights feel like they're closing, You're leaving an opening

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua] - by Yanhua - 12-06-2020, 10:42 PM