• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The kind of person that keeps a parrot [any!]

And when all the lights are broken, You keep the fire going

“Embarrassing for me?” Yanhua gives into her, game enough for the reprise of stupid questions with stupid answers. Wasn’t she supposed to be the one remembering things? Nevermind; he enjoyed the uselessness of this conversation anyways. Cat-and-mouse with this mare was exactly what he’d been looking for today. Yan smirks and twists his head around to watch her go, merry-like and whimsical but an echo comes to him in the midst of their sarcasm - there lies an image of prey scurrying to the burrow, trying desperately to outrun the clutches of a deadly catspaw. It gives Yanhua the undercurrent of something sinister from Popinjay.

Her face, however… those eyes and that laugh. Yanhua decided toeing the line was worth more of those.

Sweet reprieve / Lady lead,” He hummed playfully, hoping to catch her off-guard with an impromptu song. What had she expected? Magic? HA! Song of storms and wild nature.” The tune grew softly, rolling like thunder in the back of the throat with a strangely accompanying melody. The tune vibrated up from his skin, unexpected and sweetly woven for their ears. Yanhua’s mane glimmered a bit brighter, encouraged by the nonsensical whimsy, and he lowered his eyes to meet hers with a strange intensity.

Danger lurks / Death precedes,” The song dropped into a low note, each word drawn out on Yan’s tongue dolefully. She forgets, but I’ve not forgotten; Popinjay / Spirit me away / and all my cares are…” He paused, at a loss for the next word.

“Naughton?” The horned stallion laughed, breaking his concentration and the melody all at once. Ah well - this was a first for him. Could Popinjay blame him for being horrible at it? Probably. “There you go. Your very own song.” Yan nodded, flicking his short bristle tail. “Are you sufficiently dazzled?” He smirked.

And when all the nights feel like they're closing, You're leaving an opening

@[Popinjay]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The kind of person that keeps a parrot [any!] - by Yanhua - 01-07-2021, 02:59 PM