• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    Tiercel’s face softens as Gale explains his romantic life. He can certainly agree with what his brother says, and he nods to show it. He has been too much of a wanderer to consider courtship or even love in the first place. Besides, what he remembers of love as a child has been skewed. Whether Wolfbane and Lepis had been terrible parents is a matter of opinion. But to Tiercel, his childhood was damaged, ruined by the unfortunate whims of genetics and the ugly hands of jealousy.

Maybe one day he’ll get over it.

For now, the dunskin can stomach his resentment in favor of his reunion with Gale. Aside from his brother’s ability to fly, Tiercel can’t say he ever had much anger toward the brindle. Gale had been the peacemaker among the triplets, and Tiercel can’t count the number of times his brother had stepped between him and Eyas before they ripped each other apart.

Standing on the beach now, Tiercel admits that he wouldn’t mind getting to know Gale further. Does he want to make up for time lost? He considers that possibility, certain it might contribute to this sudden desire to reacquaint with his brother. Sucking in a slow breath, Tiercel says, “Well, I don’t want to keep you from your naps, but I wouldn’t mind seeing your island further. Do you mind showing me around?” He tips his nose toward the beach that lies beyond Gale’s shoulder with a faint, if not friendly, smile.
    tiercel.

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale - by Tiercel - 02-16-2021, 05:47 PM