• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    The release of Eyas’s magic on his muscles is relieving, and Tiercel feels himself relax even more while she disappears into the jungle. The triplets have always been full of theatrics, so he cannot expect time to have changed his siblings that much. While he never anticipated seeing Eyas and Gale again, the expectations he did have for such a reunion had included a bristly response from his sister. But to such a level as this?

Tiercel shakes out his entire body roughly, ridding himself from the lingering stiffness of her magic and the thoughts of what her threat could entail. He reminds himself that he had cut ties with his family, even while sorrow tries to sing a little tune in his chest. Eyas has always loathed him, and it must be for the best that she refuses to see him again. Tiercel has hardly called them family since he left, and he steels himself against any regrets he may have now that he has seen their faces.

“She never did like me,” the dun says after settling himself better above the shifting weight of the sand. Tiercel’s cerulean eyes turn toward Gale in surprise as his brother speaks. He wasn’t expecting Gale to be happy that he washed up on their shore, but then again, the brindle had never witnessed the aftermath of his alleged death. A disbelieving chuckle leaves his throat, followed by, “I made a mess of everything after we thought you died… You probably wouldn’t be glad to see me if you’d been there.”

And while the whole of their reunion has been tense, Tiercel finds himself obliging his brother. “Nothing worth describing. I’ve been minding my own business until I visited Loess. I didn’t think I would stay there long, but I might stick around.” He shrugs his navy-marked shoulders, a visible expression of the wandering ways he has adopted lately. Cerulean eyes find the jungle’s scenery again, where Eyas’s trail had cut a dark mark into the greenery. “So, this is where you live? What do you do here?”
    tiercel.

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale - by Tiercel - 01-24-2021, 06:29 PM