• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    As soon as his mouth closes on nothing but humid air, Tiercel is grateful. Rage is a dangerous creature, one who dares their subject to plot in ways they never would have before. Would he have continued to attack his sister if she had not snatched ahold of his mind and told his legs to stand still? Even with Eyas’s eyes watching him with such a darkness he feels his stomach souring, Tiercel is certain he would have stepped away from her after the snap of his teeth against themselves. He had always wanted to be with them — running across the wind’s current and laughing at the authenticity of their joy for one another — and even now he cannot bring himself to dash away whatever crumbs of love they may still have for him.

It is the large bird that makes Tiercel want to scramble away. There is a vice-like grip around the mechanics of his body and his muscles give only a twitch while he remains firmly rooted in place. His pale eyes dart to the pieces of Eyas’s face he can see, observing the way they have turned into pools of black water, and he wonders what else she might have in her repertoire. Can this dark magic squeeze his heart until it bursts within his chest, relieving her from his presence? Tiercel has always known of Eyas’s hatred; he had felt her disgust toward him burn in her chest even when they were too young to understand what life or death meant. He wonders if she intends to end him now, and he hastily pulls the rage away from them and pushes into its place within his ribcage.

They are left with their own feelings, whatever form they may be, and he is left with the brewing, endless tides that cascade against his insides like the forceful waves that had brought him to this shore. His confusion melts whatever anger has remained, softening the cerulean of his eyes. He has never experienced visions before; Tiercel’s knowledge of their limits is minimal at best. But Gale’s explanation makes sense to the navy-and-dun. They all knew of Wolfbane and Pteron’s healing abilities — and Tiercel had learned of his own on that day — but the powers of Gale and Eyas had yet to be discovered.

Tiercel moves his mouth slowly, hesitant to test the full extent of Eyas’s magic. “I didn’t think I would ever see you again.” It is a sorry excuse for an apology, but he has always been stubborn and his mind is reeling from this unexpected reunion. A thin tendril of remorse might weave into their hearts, but it lasts for only the moment between one sentence and the next. “I visited Loess and met Oceane” — it had been a thoughtless decision, to visit their birth-home, but he does not elaborate on why he was there — “and she told me about our parents. She said I should visit Islandres, but I wasn’t sure why.”

He hadn’t mustered the energy to travel the currents to visit the island, but it seemed fate had intended for him to be here whether he wanted to or not. “But I did wash up here from the storm,” he admits. “I’ve never been a good swimmer.” Nor a good flyer, he admits to himself, but this is a thought laced with decade-old jealousy. Tiercel turns his eyes toward Eyas, feeling the weight of her magic pulling his legs into the dark sand. “Will you please let me go?” There’s a quiver to his voice, and a smell of worry clings to the humidity around them. He wonders if she will truly let him go, or if her powers are strong enough to end him like he imagines she has dreamed of doing.
    tiercel.

@[Eyas] @[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale - by Tiercel - 01-02-2021, 05:31 PM