• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i bloom, i grow
    Smile 
    CrownS
    He moves quietly in the dead of night, stalking between the towering trees as he imagines he is some fearsome predator. Crowns rarely prefers to change his shape, and so he keeps his own form, but he keeps his head lowered closer to the ground as he imagines a wolf might. Every step is poised and planned, careful so as not to break a single twig underfoot. He must be as silent as a winter death.

It helps that the drizzling rain pitter-patters down fat spring leaves on the tree branches overhead. An occasional flash of lightning illuminates the faint glow of his oceanic eyes while distant thunder rumbles the ground beneath him. There is nothing in particular that he is stalking, but he enjoys his game of pretend. He has no idea how to track prey animals or how to stalk them once he manages to find one. It is simply enough to imagine he is some fearsome apex predator in his own territory.

And then he spots her - something pale and pretty.

She looks small like the twins. Where are her parents? He tilts his head and wonders before deciding he will scare her and teach her that being alone is not safe. Then, he will help her find her way home. Or to Tephra, whichever he decides.

Crowns moves faster and leaps each time the lightning flashes across the sky so that the clap of thunder disguises his strides. It doesn’t take long for him to circle around her and pounce in front of the small girl with his wings spread wide.

Boo!” he shouts, his glowing eyes wide as he laughs gently.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[Galadriel]

Messages In This Thread
    i bloom, i grow - by crowns - 11-22-2020, 10:23 PM
    RE: i bloom, i grow - by galadriel - 11-27-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: i bloom, i grow - by crowns - 11-28-2020, 01:09 AM