• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if I'm on fire you'll be made of ashes too, anyone

Those silver eyes widen in delight and so does his smile as Islas pulls starlight and weaves it into a flower, tucking it into his mane. Though her own smile is faint, warmth spreads through Mesec at this token and he feels lighter. While also simultaneously being worried about moving, lest he accidentally dislodges it.

Can you dislodge a flower made of starlight? He’s not sure, but he’s unwilling to test it out.

“I do like it, yes.” Although it’s more of a statement than a question, Mesec finds himself answering Islas anyway. He does his best not to sound too much like a recruiter, though he’d be pleased if she decided to stay. It would be good to have a friend here. “I like the foothills, they remind me of my youth. There aren’t many others here, which is appealing. I think I’d be overwhelmed in a crowded place. And those I’ve met have been kind.”

Mesec wasn’t sure how populated any of the other lands in Beqanna were, but from his few ventures into the common area there seemed to be a lot of other horses around and the quiet of Loess was comforting whenever he returned. “It seemed as good of a place as any, and I have not come to regret the decision yet.”

Fortunately, Mesec does not have the ability to see the future or he’d know the price he’d pay for such a casual decision.

Although dimly aware that his list for reasons why he’s chosen Loess is already long, he adds one more when his silver eyes drift back up to the stars above them - a wistful smile working its way into his words. “I have a… complicated relationship with the night but I’ve always felt more relaxed under an open sky too, with little to obscure the stars and moon.”

Mesec

@[Islas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if I'm on fire you'll be made of ashes too, anyone - by Mesec - 01-09-2021, 04:50 PM