• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  there's an art to life's distractions
    chasmata
    She wonders what it might have been like to grow up with only a mother. She had grown up in the Cove with both of her parents, the three of them a solid unit by the water under Hyaline’s rule. Had it been lonely for him? He doesn’t seem the type to be plagued by such trivial emotions but she doesn’t ask. Surely he made the most of every moment rather than waste any amount of time feeling sorry for himself. 

She chooses instead to imagine him wandering across Beqanna, charming as many souls as he could. This seemed more in his nature. She cannot fault him his wandering, certainly, for she had chosen to do the same the moment she’d left the Cove.

I have become a bit of a wanderer myself,” she tells him, rolling her shoulders in a kind of shrug. “I grew up in Silver Cove with my parents.” She remembers seeking out the magic entities and asking them for glowing because she had hoped that it would help her see. It hadn’t. “I followed a call to the Mountain and found a gatekeeper there and then I…” she trails off, hesitates, then shrugs again before finishing, “I just never went back to the Cove.” She does not specify what happened at the Mountain or how her life had been changed there.

Where’s your favorite place to go?” she asks, swiftly changing the subject. 

the moonlight, baby, shows you what’s real
    but there ain’t language for the things i feel

@[Laurelin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's an art to life's distractions - by chasmata - 02-25-2021, 05:47 PM