• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me reasons we should be complete

Tarian is tempted to rip out the milky-white (and only) eye out of Yadigar's skull for his remark about his home. He refrains with a brusque shrug of his shoulder and gives a hardened stare to the desert ahead. "My Queen is the only one left to Loess," he shares with the young dragon-horse, "perhaps she was acting out of sensibility given the previous... relationship between our kingdoms." His first thoughts had been for the opalescent monarch; if she were to be taken captive by Pangea, what would happen to Loess?

They had no Champion, no Heir. If they were to lose their only remaining Queen, what would happen to the realm that so many winged horses were beginning to call home?

He had decided that it was better that he - a horse of no important rank or prestige - was taken. There is even a part of Tarian that agrees with @[yadigar], that the Loessians will have to do something to raise their kingdom above and beyond Ghaul's ashes. There could be an advantage for his year in captivity here. Something to learn and bring back to his people, perhaps? Knowledge could be a weapon and Tarian intended to use (and exhaust) all his options where it concerned the Kingdom of the East.

When the pair finally come to stand before the canyons of Pangea, Yadigar looks at him with his sole eye. The gray stallion turns his head to glance towards his captor and finds himself captured in a realm of possibility. There are multiple futures for Tarian to find: leaving Beqanna, returning to the nomad lands, returning to Loess, and even finding Paraiso again. There are glimpses of moments with Orani and Altissima, of women he has never known and children he still can't fathom. In some futures, he wears a crown again and in others, Tarian remains a soldier. There is no set future and Yadigar's 'gift' leaves him traveling the paths of many different trails in the years to come.

When he comes back to the present, he glares sharply at the younger brute. He is reminded of Isakov and anger bristles beneath his scarred, gray coat. Where Tarian currently stands, he learns that he will not be harmed so long as he does not attempt to escape and complies with whatever code the Pangeans keep for their hostages. It makes him wonder if there will be any kind of aid to come from the Southlands. He snorts, dismissing the thought. The South had more important things to worry about than its Alliance contender.

And Tarian, never being one suited to being idle, snorts and asks: "What would you do if our roles were reversed? I'd prefer to be useful, but not at the expense of my home."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me reasons we should be complete - by Tarian - 11-19-2020, 05:53 PM