• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd rather forget and not slow down; flower
    He calls her beautiful and in an instant the rest of the world falls away. There is no sky above them, no trees, no sound, no color. If the birds still sing then the songs fall on ears too deaf to hear them. There is certainly no ground beneath their feet either, because it feels like she is falling and he is the only thing that can catch her.

And he does.
    With four simple words, he does.

She imagines that if there were an ounce of blood in her body, it would be searing hot now. It would pool in her face until the skin was hot and pink and flushed so bright he might laugh kindly. For once, for maybe the first time ever, she is glad to be such an empty masquerade of life. His mouth touches her jawline, and she closes her eyes so fast it actually steals the breath right out of her lungs - an oddity that glass needs to breathe at all. Does she need to breathe at all? She opens her eyes again and is lost at once in the nearness of him.

“I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I think you might be mistaken.” She’s only teasing, trying so hard to find her feet again but it’s impossible when every word out of his mouth, every gentle touch against her cool skin unsteadies her.

But he is stubborn in his affection, and when he speaks again she can feel the words force a stillness inside her that leaves her tongue-tied. She can merely watch him, merely listen as he speaks of her and them and his faith in the stars that would bring them together. There is a question on her lips, and she fights the urge to set it free, fights to keep it a secret until the timing is better, until she can be sure that none of this tension between them is imagined.

“Warden?” She asks, her brow frozen beneath her forelock, her forelock whispering against the sweet flower petals growing there. But as soon as his name escapes her lips, she finds she cannot speak anymore. There is too heavy a weight on her chest, too much a burden, and she reminds herself that it is not fair to tell him that she thinks she might love him, not when that love belongs to someone so ephemerally made. So instead she finds new words, words as true as the ones she keeps hidden away inside her heart, and she whispers them in a kiss she presses to the warm corner of his mouth. “Can I stay here with you tonight?”

FLOWER

i'm only steady on my knees

@[The Monsters] is it too soon to try messing with her opal hooves again? i'd like another 'different' slot instead of it just disappearing <3
    @[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd rather forget and not slow down; flower - by flower - 01-25-2021, 06:34 PM