• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd rather forget and not slow down; flower
    I

resurrect the saint within the wretch

Warden likes that she feigns innocence for him and if he had been allowed a life without the weight of premonitions, the stallion’s eyes would have rolled sarcastically at her comment - because, of course, she is the only creature worthy of all his time and attention. Didn’t she know that?

The sweet lilt of her voice cascades like water over his body, like a salve that begins to heal wounds that are buried so deep inside him. For a moment he wonders if there is more to her than meets the eye - some hidden ability that surpasses understanding; something that, whenever she is in his presence, his mind is less muddled and the darkness just a little less heavy. Something magical, otherworldly. Something that fits so perfectly within the deep chasms of his heart, overflowing and brimming with whatever it is she brings him. In a singular moment, in her gentle and fragile embrace, he has an inkling of what feeling whole could be like.

And maybe - just maybe - it didn’t have to be a hope, but reality.

He’s enraptured with her and though he’s never said it, he wonders if she can tell in the intricate way his eyes trace her. It’s in the way his mouth hovers carefully across glass skin, touching the delicate features of her beautiful face in equal parts awe and (shamefully) in greed. She is a jewel, a treasure, and even the most honorable of hearts cannot deny the hunger that burns like a fire.

Perhaps they are both selfish in part, but in the most beautiful of ways.

Warden can feel her golden eyes watching him, staring up into his face with the fiery reflection of her cheek burning into the pale ivory of his soft skin. “You are beautiful, Flower,” he murmurs into that fragile plane of her cheek, drawing his mouth to the crook of her jawline, his voice rough with finality - she may not argue with him.

He is the one who is broken, fractile after fractile shattering into indiscernible pieces, beyond the chance of being put back together.

“If stars are ever to be right,” he says gently, his own dark eyes flickering up towards the nameless ball of light that hovers like a halo across their two intertwined bodies, “perhaps that would be the only thing they could say is true.” The overo stallion swallows as his voice trails off, his gaze falling to Flower’s with a quiet reprieve, finding solace and comfort in the rubied color of her lovely face as it peers up to him. “If it is stars that brought you to me, I just might have to start believing in them.”

He wonders, then, if this night would ever have to end.

Warden

@[flower]
    @[The Monsters] hi there, can you see what happens to warden's star companion?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd rather forget and not slow down; flower - by Warden - 01-04-2021, 08:56 PM