• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  trick or treat? round 2
    <style type="text/css">.invisible-scrollbar::-webkit-scrollbar{display: none;}</style><div align="center"><link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Cormorant+Garamond:wght@600&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Merriweather:400,300italic,400italic,300' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

<div class="invisible-scrollbar" style="width: 780px; height: 570px; background: url('https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zloozeumkodte3d/Untitled-119.png?dl=0') no-repeat center; background-color: #fff; background-size: 100%; border-radius: 0px 50px 50px 0px; border: 5px solid #757575; box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 5px #000; overflow: auto;">

<div style="margin-right: 400px;"><div style="padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align: center; font-family: 'Cormorant Garamond'; font-size: 22px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 18px; color: #6e579b; font-variant: small-caps;"><i>Mother is the name for god
    in the lips & hearts of little children</i></div>

<div style="text-align: center; font-size: 13px; color: #8880aa; font-variant: small-caps;"><i class="fas fa-spa"></i></div>

<div style="padding: 10px 40px 15px; text-align: justify; color:#414141; font-family: 'Cormorant Garamond'; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: 1.5px; line-height: 17px;">The rest followed, <i>trick….treat…..trick…</i>, Whisteria’s eyes glowed. She was definitely curious, and after all she has been through she was excited to receive a lovely surprise present. Her mind reeled with possibilities, <i>What could it be?</i>, she thought to herself. Soon her questions would be answered, one by one the others beside her began to fade away. It was now she started to question the likelihood that this was all just one big trick...what if this creature had come to reclaim her and drag her back to the afterlife. She trembled in place, she wasn’t backing down, but she was fearful. The creature waved a cloaked arm and the ground began to rumble slightly underhoof. Her blue eyes were drawn to the ground before her as green roots began to sprout forth from the earth. A large blossom rose up from the base of the root system, growing unnaturally fast, and its beautiful white petals unfurled to reveal a shimmering gift within. Her eyes widened and glimmered with joy. <i><b>Oh wow! This is wonderful!</b></i>, she exclaimed, her mind now completely disregarding the fact that the others had disappeared now.

She was about to thank the creature as she reached her muzzle toward the gift within the bloom, but she felt the roots at its base shoot forth and wrapped tightly around her ankles. She squealed in horror as it started coiling tightly and higher on her legs and the massive bloom rose high above her, and let out a terrifying roar. She wondered if this would be a trick, but she did not even fathom this to be a possibility. Though the vines held her tightly, she was not going to go out without at least putting up a hell of a fight. There was no way her favorite thing in the world would be the death of her. Her brow furrowed and she squealed again, this time in a more threatening manner. She kicked out hard trying to shake the vines loose, but their grip was too tight, it was trying to pull her closer. Looking around frantically, her eyes caught a glimmer of something just below the bloom, a shimmering gold thread that was hanging loose, it looked almost like a popped seam. It was then that an idea sprouted in her mind. <i><b>Hm...want me closer? I will come closer!</b></i>, she spat with a taunting tone, she was going to give this thing a taste. She launched forward with teeth bared, reaching for the golden thread with all of her strength. It was close, and she almost missed it, but she managed to snag the very end of it between her front teeth.

It was her chance, probably her only chance. She hoped with all of her heart that this would do what she thought. Using the last of her strength, Whisteria thrust her head down and to the side with such force that pain shot through her neck. She almost let out a pained scream, but she knew she had to keep hold of the thread. Luckily, she was right. The force tugged on the thread so hard that it sliced down through the stem of the plant. It let out the most ear piercing scream and it began to thrash wildly. Gold ooze flowed from the slice in its neck, the screams now more gurgled than before. Whisteria felt the grip loosen on her limbs and she finally was able to kick herself loose, landing hard on her side as she was dropped to the ground. Getting back to her feet quickly, she dodged the angry flailing vines of the plant. Each swipe came dangerously close as she began to lose steam, but she couldn’t give up. She looked around for something to help her, as she was a woman with no traits or powers to aid her. She had to rely on sheer instinct and her own strength. A sharp, wide stick on the ground caught her eye, and she snatched it up between her teeth and charged forward, snaking through and jumping the writhing green vines as she went. Her aim was flawless, eye on the prize. She threw herself at the cut in the stem and jabbed the steak into it with all of her might, and tore it diagonally, effectively slicing the bloom off of the stem. With one last scream the bloom came crashing down to the ground in a loud, squelching thud. The once wild vines and root system fell dormant, and the air was still once again. Whisteria stood before it, her sides heaving at an insane rate, gold ooze from the plant splattered across her chest and face like war paint. Spitting the gold dripping steak to the ground, she strode forward with her head held high to claim her prize from the maw of the slain bloom. She gently peeled the petals away, revealing her beauteous gift once more, and shot a glance at the cloaked creature that still loomed before the doors.

<i><b>I would like my treat now, please.</b></i>
    </div></div></div></div>
    <div style="padding-top: 5px; text-align: center; font-family: 'Cormorant Garamond'; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 18px;"><a href="https://www.deviantart.com/neamrel">N</a></div>

Messages In This Thread
    trick or treat? round 2 - by Officials - 11-05-2020, 09:31 PM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Borderline - 11-05-2020, 10:46 PM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Chemosh - 11-05-2020, 11:40 PM
    halloween quest post 2 - by xii - 11-07-2020, 06:40 AM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Barrow - 11-09-2020, 10:07 PM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Oren - 11-10-2020, 01:12 AM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Sympathetic Gore - 11-10-2020, 02:19 PM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by rosebay - 11-11-2020, 03:01 AM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Laurelin - 11-11-2020, 10:44 AM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Mikael - 11-11-2020, 02:19 PM
    RE: trick or treat? round 2 - by Moonlet - 11-11-2020, 04:17 PM