• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this old place again

Visiting this place is like an extreme version of deja vu.
    Look, there's the pining, lovelorn mare who just wants someone to mend her poor wittle broken heart. There's the badass stallion who's gotta claim 'em all. Add a dash of darkly evil bitch and a sprinkle of orphaned foal, and ta da! The Meadow, in all her glory.

And what is that delicious aroma? Ah yes, it smells like sweat, sex and piss.

And yet, the foul wench has stolen my heart. It probably has to do with this being the biggest stage in Beqanna. Anything and everything can happen here.

It's hot. There's no point in describing it because it's too hot, and I'm just plain grumpy about it. I make an extremely graceful landing, tuck up my wings and make a reluctant trot towards a brook I know is around here somewhere. Probably complete with a copse of trees and a mourning lover, if I'm exceedingly lucky.

Ah, there it is.

I splash into the shallow water, enjoying the feeling of the ripples as they tug at my legs. Oh summer, you foul bitch. I really, really, really do hate you.

I glance absently into the water. Not bad for someone who has seen more years than she has feathers on her wings. It's faded from sun, and graying in some places, but my coat is still a reddish sheen. I'm average looking, in both height and features. I've never been able to claim anything more than that but it doesn't bother me. If I was in it for the looks, I certainly wouldn't have shacked up with Carnage. Have you seen him? I think he may be more wasted flesh than actual stallion at this point.

Ah, a girl's first. You never forget him.

Anyways, where was I?

Ah yes, pretending to reminisce and hoping that the Meadow will reward me yet again with an encounter of the strange kind.

I haven't been disappointed yet.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    this old place again - by Gallows - 08-10-2015, 06:26 PM
    this old place again - by Gallows - 08-19-2015, 08:50 PM