• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Of all that remains; Anyone!

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

"Forgive me," Nashua offers to the pale stallion.

That wildfire grin - warm and welcoming - stays while the pegasus comes to a standstill. He gestures with his slender head over his shoulder, motioning towards the scorched remains of what had once been a forest behind him. Catching beams of sunlight, a few icicles glittered on (what was left of) dark and barren branches. The chestnut exhales softly before looking back to the companion he's found. "We don't get many visitors," the younger stallion explains.

Why would they? The Isle didn't boast beaches of paradises like Islandres or Ischia. There were no thermal streams like Loess or healing waters as Tephra had. If a horse came North, they had to pass through Taiga, and by the time they reached Nerine, well, that was a journey in itself. The winged stallion doesn't begrudge anyone for not wanting to cross the frigid and temperamental northern seas. The summer squalls that sprung up during the warmer months were unpredictable and wild; the winter ones could easily turn fierce and become fatal for a weary traveler.

It makes the newcomer all the more interesting to Nash, even if the said newcomer doesn't know why he's here. Nashua tips his head to the charred pines behind them. He hasn't missed the way that the taller stallion had shivered, obviously unaccustomed to the brisk and biting breeze. Nash's pale grin quirks to one side.

"How do you feel about a walk?" the young pegasus offers. They could break the literal ice while keeping warm by stretching their legs.

@[Ruinam] catches Nash's attention by mentioning the Resort - now Islandres, he reminds himself - and the pegasus stops turning away from the larger male. This was the predecessor to his half-brother, Gale, and wanting news of his older sibling wins out over protocol. "Do you know Gale?" Nashua asks while spreading his dark wings out slightly and gives them a good shake for emphasis, "he's got a pair of these. Dark iridescent blue. A mane lighter than mine that runs down to his tail."

The visitor that Nash has found gets more fascinating by the moment as he reveals who he is. Settling his wings back along his sides, the pegasus introduces himself. "Nashua," he says with a polite dip of his head. "Hersir to Leilan, King of the North." He suspects that this will be news to Ruinam, if what he claims is true. "Perhaps we could go looking for him and you can tell me what you remember last of Beqanna?"

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Of all that remains; Anyone! - by Ruinam - 11-03-2020, 03:16 AM
    RE: Of all that remains; Anyone! - by Nashua - 11-05-2020, 02:32 PM
    RE: Of all that remains; Anyone! - by Ruinam - 11-06-2020, 04:14 AM
    RE: Of all that remains; Anyone! - by Nashua - 11-06-2020, 02:12 PM
    RE: Of all that remains; Anyone! - by Ruinam - 11-20-2020, 03:51 AM
    RE: Of all that remains; Anyone! - by Nashua - 11-20-2020, 06:52 PM