• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you know your place in the sky

in this hole, that is me...the dead are rolling over

While her appearance had caught his attention, it was her presence that had kept it. She had an otherworldly quality about her, something that spoke of far off constellations and swirling galaxies. While he simply wore the heavens on his legs, she brought them to life. Where he gazed at the stars and basked in their glow, she made them her own. He admittedly had seen little of the world in his three years of life, but she was far and away the most interesting. Even here in this land of oddities, she stood out from them.

She shies away from him and he does not follow, though a smile forms in his mind though it is invisible on his fleshless mouth. Not a smile of malice, but he cannot help enjoying his trick just a little bit. The star clinging to her neck bobbles too, and his eyeless sockets turn away from the filly and onto the flickering ball of gas and space dust. He knows he could shift back, should shift back and save her the trouble, but he lingers in his skeletal form for just a little longer. If she knew what else he had tucked up his sleeve, his skeleton would be the least of her worries. The other beast that he hides beneath the bay of his coat and nebula of his legs is far more powerful, much more fearsome, and more than a little out of place for a living skeleton who loves the night. He does not wield that form often, but keeps it carefully hidden away until such time that such a monster would be needed.

Once she comes to a halt and whirls to face him, he shifts back, dark eyes glittering pleasantly and a small smile turning up the corners of his black lips. In this form they are nearly identical, and he is sure to outsiders they make quite a site, especially if they had been around long enough to see the previous act. Her small ears disappear into the blackness of her mane, though he can see them easily enough in the light of the stars that bounce around her. She finally speaks, and for a moment he isn’t sure if the words are directed at him or the star. But, he decides to answer all the same, even if they weren’t for him. ”Good fun, yes. Just a spooky little trick.” he says with a nod, his shoulders relaxed and a hind hoof cocked in hopes of settling her nerves. ”You reacted just the way I expected you to, though I don’t know why anyone with horns like that or wings would be scared of a rack of bones like me.” he says with a snicker. No one has ever accused him of having manners, let alone good ones. His mother had birthed him, weaned him, and he has been left to his own devices ever since. A life of such little structure was bound to lead to an odd duck, though thankfully not an evil one. ”I’m Chemosh, by the way.” he adds, as if his name were an afterthought to his trickery.

--CHEMOSH

Messages In This Thread
    you know your place in the sky - by Starlight - 10-24-2020, 07:33 PM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Chemosh - 10-25-2020, 11:32 PM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Starlight - 11-08-2020, 11:43 AM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Chemosh - 11-15-2020, 08:12 PM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Starlight - 12-21-2020, 09:47 PM