• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip

catnip

Tangled like a forest dark and deep, Catnip weaves a path of sinewy vines and tightly-wound trees. Sprouts with the strength of springtime burst forth in the indentions her hooves leave. Autumn grips Beqanna with a steely, winter-beckoning hand, but the girl has spent her years fighting the cold with a haunting ferocity. Where Catnip goes, so goes the earth.

A few sweet-laden spots in the Common Lands have become Cat's favorites to frequent. She often spends hours there, doting and singing to the fruit and the berries, yellow eyes closed in a peace so very alien to a turbulent Beqanna. An odd creature - calm and yet spitting fire, covered in the dead's protection--she curls beneath thorn and branch alike, content with the vines in her hair and the spirits coiling lovingly around her legs. Most won't understand her but - Cat speaks to the trees and the flowers and all that which nurtures her. Never has she minded the lack of equine company.

"Oh!" she gasps, rather abruptly coming out of a reverie to watch a purple stallion tear apart her little blackberry grove. "Oh, stop, I can help -" she starts, rushing forward in body and magic; but Mikael's bloody escape from the thorns keeps Catnip from finishing her cry. "Oh," she says like a slowly ticking broken record, a disappointed hum following suit. Vines of wildflowers wrap tightly around her legs in displeasure (the plants know their mother, their maker, and their lover - they mourn when she mourns, suffer when she suffers, and hide her anger when she refuses to set it free).

"Are you okay?" Cat finally says, hesitantly stepping forward to closer inspect where blood pools in the stranger's fur. The mare feels discomfort in offering her concern when she hardly speaks to those that can speak back; but plants know compassion just as they know they need the sun, and Cat can't help but to liken the man's leaking blood to the falling petals of a wilting rose. "Let me take the thorns out, please," she adds as an afterthought, quickly learning that blood makes her stomach turn.

DESIGN BY LITTLEWILLOW

@[Mikael] i'm so sorry this took me so long!!!! i finally have time again.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip - by catnip - 11-07-2020, 01:15 AM