• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a rope in hand for your other man
    LITOTES

He has never been a particularly generous man, no. Litotes is selfish with all but his love, which he gave so freely in the past even as he seemed to learn lesson after lesson. Controlling and doting to his shadows, possessive of the children he keeps close, demanding of the lovers he takes. But the very nature of humanity without madness is to learn even as one repeats that which does not work, and little bits of knowledge have stuck in the boxed away, spider-crept corners of Lie's brain.

And so when Luster takes from the shadows he wraps so tightly around himself, Litotes merely turns a curious face in her direction and gives them away. He calls more to his side, bidding them whispered goodbyes as he sends the darkness to further cloak her. What remains of his own take the forms of little wolf pups, tails wiggling as their excited, yellow eyes watch the stranger. Lie smiles as the shadow creatures yip at his hooves, tussling and tumbling when they grow bored of the shadow-loving woman.

"I felt you take them," Lie says by way of greeting, wandering closer. "Do you control shadows, as well?" he asks, and wonders why she wouldn't take them all from him. Greedy, so greedy--the pale man remembers when he stole the darkness from the sky and brought it down to Tephra. He was always so hungry then, so short-sighted. Perhaps a gift of his power to Luster will help make up for such grievances.

The pups suddenly morph into four fully grown wolves. They peer up at their master, then cautiously creep toward Luster. Sharp, black teeth glint as they sniff at her, deciding she is no enemy. They attempt to rub themselves lovingly against her legs, drawn to protect her like the camouflage magic she possesses beckons. Lie smiles at their doting, golden eyes slowly straying from their pitch black coats to the glowing tear-tracks on Luster's eyes. The blue glow and symbolic placement reminds him of his own secrets, the selfish, greedy man he has always been--his own tears and the tears that shed because of him.

"My name is Litotes," he says softly, daring to step closer. "What's yours?"

and let the cool air in, feel the night slip in
    as it softly glides across your back
    and i hope you leave right before the sun comes up
    so i can watch it alone

@[luster]

Messages In This Thread
    a rope in hand for your other man - by litotes - 10-13-2020, 02:22 AM
    RE: a rope in hand for your other man - by luster - 10-23-2020, 12:32 PM
    RE: a rope in hand for your other man - by litotes - 10-25-2020, 09:33 PM