• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Waves of change {Aquaria}
    The beaches of Ischia were home. To the nereid, to her family, to her friends. It was a colony of equids that valued the serenity of island life, and she had made it her mission to ensure that they could continue to do so. 

There were others as well. Those who lived else where most of the time, but who knew that Ischia welcomed those worn down by life. The island was a sanctuary, first and foremost, and Aquaria took that to mean that any horse was welcome as long as they didn't disrupt the island vibe. 

As the gleaming pearl mare approached the strangely marked girl on the beach, she figured there was unlikely to be much risk of that. "Hi there, I'm Aquaria," she began brightly, coming to a standstill a few steps from the striped creature. "How can I, uh- are you alright? If you don't mind me saying, you look a little bit lost, jellyfish." A soft rain had begun to patter on the beach, fat drops that left craters in the sand and smacked when they hit the water's surface. 

Rain had never been a thing to bother the seamare, but it didn't seem to be helping this girl's day out any. With a gentle reaching out, she grasped the water and asked it if it would be so kind as to not fall on them. Rain was a bit trickier to manipulate than ocean water, or even river water, but after a moment it responded all the same. Drops stopped landing on their backs and heads, as if some giant had moved an umbrella over them for the moment. 

"That's better," Aquaria nodded, pleased with the results. "Now tell me, what's got you crying at the beach?" Not that she would judge. If anyone could give you a list of reasons to cry on a beach, it was a mermare that lived full time on one. But that was her personal problems. As Dame, her job was to make sure that if someone was crying when they visited, that they would be smiling when they left. 

@[Genasi]

Messages In This Thread
    Waves of change {Aquaria} - by Genasi - 10-10-2020, 05:52 PM
    RE: Waves of change {Aquaria} - by Aquaria - 10-13-2020, 06:54 PM