• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  if you get lost in the shadows
    She does not catch his flash of embarrassment, mostly because she had not found anything with the situation to be out of the ordinary. It would never occur to her to be embarrassed for speaking another language, but she supposes she was just used to it. She had discovered her shifting at a very young age, and it was simply a part of her. Having not spent much time outside of her family, she wasn’t actually sure how shifting was perceived by the general public. It wasn’t terribly uncommon in Beqanna, this she knew, but it was far more common to shift into a predator.

She isn't sure if she would like that; she was not made to be sharp or cruel.
    She was delicate and small, and it seemed far more fitting that she could shift into something that matched that.
    She prefers being able to scale the tops of the trees to stare at the stars than to slink the forests in search of a kill.

There is a quiet laugh at what he says, her blue eyes bright with surprise when she asks with a tip of her pale head, “So, you just woke up one day and were able to talk to squirrels? Beqanna is a strange place, so I guess that isn’t too unbelievable.” Her gaze diverts up to the branches again, to the space where the squirrel had disappeared to, and she tells him sympathetically. “The native squirrels don't really like us. They can tell we aren't really one of them, but they warm up eventually.” Her face twists into a small frown before she adds thoughtfully, “As long as you’re a natural squirrel color. One time I was pink and they really didn’t like that.” She assumes all the cold shoulders she received were just because they were jealous, and she can’t blame them. She didmake a pretty fantastic pink squirrel.

“I think I've always known,” she says with a light shrug. “I’ve been able to do it since I was really young, even though no one else in my family can.” She looks at him curiously, a slow smile forming on her lips. “Want to try?”

B R I L L I A N C E

@[Viridis]

Messages In This Thread
    if you get lost in the shadows - by Viridis - 11-14-2020, 08:56 PM
    RE: if you get lost in the shadows - by Viridis - 12-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: if you get lost in the shadows - by Brilliance - 12-05-2020, 11:23 PM
    RE: if you get lost in the shadows - by Viridis - 12-30-2020, 07:49 PM