• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you wouldn't leave till we loved in the morning
    she wanted what every young heart wanted —
    for something beautiful to find her beautiful.
    She leans willingly into his touch, lowering her head to press her cheek against his neck. The feel of the kisses he places along her neck is enough to incite a shiver that runs the full length of her spine, bringing with it a slow, faint smile to her lips. Sometimes it was still hard for her to believe that he was hers; that a man like him, strong and powerful as he was, would ever be content with someone like her. She understood why he had preferred women like Kensa and her mother – women that could match his strength and ferocity, and not someone like her, always so delicate and mild. She tries to not imagine what he must be like with someone that stoked his fire rather than dulled it, afraid that she might suffocate on the insecurity that would create.

But he doesn’t stop kissing her, and with every touch, her worries fade back into the darkness.

Her own head turns just enough to press her dark lips into the pale groove of his jawline, mindful of her horn. His answer is not convincing, at least not to her, and though there is a moment that a frown shadows her face, she does not pry further. She thinks that he is far more bothered by it than he lets on, but then again, she can't really say what reaction she would prefer. She had been afraid that he would hate her for her mother's actions, and she has been internally preparing for how to deal with such a thing. Her chest tightens at the thought, and her silver eyes find his when she says quietly, “You know how my mother is. I know a part of her feels bad, even if she would never admit it.”

Her eyes divert away from his when she says it, always afraid of what might flash unknowingly across his face at the mention of Starsin.
    Mostly, she preferred to pretend her mother did not exist; that she had never loved Lie in the same way that she did now. Her mother being her mother, she made it impossible to ignore her.

But his kiss brings the faint smile back to her face, and this time she steps forward to duck her head beneath his neck. “I’m fine,” and it is partially true. She survives without him, though she wishes she didn't have to. She would never try to pin him down, never try to make him stay, no matter how empty her chest feels when he's gone. “I miss you when you’re gone, and that will never change.” With a curve of her neck she curls against him, her nose trailing softly down his throat. “But I will always be here waiting for you when you come home.”
    l i l t

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you wouldn't leave till we loved in the morning - by Lilt - 12-06-2020, 03:27 AM