• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

She agrees that Moira is not right, but doesn’t seem offended by the fact that he’d had a suggestion. Something that fits. Something bright and curious. “What about Torrent?”

Pteron’s olive gaze follows the colt as he moves closer to the river. Aquaria does not seem overly concerned with the boy’s nearness to the water, so Pteron takes his cue from the mare as to how much of her aquatic nature their son has inherited. He knows that he is over-cautious. The colt had clearly grown under the water as an egg, for even with the distance between them Pteron is sure that the grey mare had not been carrying a child these past seasons.

The days are much the same here in Ischia, but Pteron is able to tell the time of year by sky, and this is early spring everywhere else in Beqanna, even if here it is a perfectly tropical day. The years since his arrival have passed quickly, slipping away the way they do for the immortal denizens of Beqanna. He has spent time with Halcyon and Asena, training them in what he knows of warfare, and offered the same to the other island children in as unassuming a capacity as he has been able. That has not made up for the conspicuous absence of others here in this tropical paradise, and it is they who darken the back of his eyes even when he smiles.

Adarra would love it here, he thinks; the thought of his eldest daughter crossing his mind as it often does when he thinks of her siblings. She was golden like this colt, but the nameless little boy seems determined to be his own creature.

“He’s very brave,” Pteron comments, “Definitely got that from you.”

@[Aquaria]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Pteron - 11-14-2020, 09:37 PM