• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

The little colt seems curious, especially for a child so young. He comes for Pteron’s blue forelock, and though the pegasus tries to toss it behind his ear the effort is in vain. The tobiano’s efforts to free himself gently are aided by Aquaria’s tap at the boy that causes their son to huff indignantly and release Pteron so his head might lift.

Aquaria offers to fix his mane, but Pteron is eager to sow her that he is a capable father for their child, and gives her a brief smile and a “Nah, I got it,” as  he gives another shake of his head and dislodges the bit that had been hiding his olive eyes. Eager to focus on the colt between them, to see more of this little creature that he and Aquaria had created.

The boy is not like anything that Pteron has seen before, yet his striking resemblance to Cormorant reminds their father that it has been some time since he’s seen their eldest. He is thinking of that, especially as a few distant seabirds take flight, and then glances back up to meet Aquaria’s eyes.

“Do all nereids name their children after the water?” he asks curiously. “Or is that just a personal preference?” He’s not entirely sure that he will have a say in the boy’s naming, but he is hopeful. Aquaria does seem disinclined to bolt this time, he thinks. That is promising, and Pteron ventures: “I was going to suggest Moira, but I’m not quite sure that fits him.” Pteron had been imagining a filly with that name, after all, and the curious boy already seems too bold for such an ethereal name.

@[Aquaria]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Pteron - 10-31-2020, 07:06 AM